The application deadline for the BC TEAL/TESOL Award is November 1st of each year. The successful applicant will be notified within six weeks of the application deadline.
The BC TEAL/TESOL Award was established by BC TEAL and TESOL in 1992 to commemorate the 1992 TESOL Convention held in Vancouver, Canada and is valued at $1000. The BC TEAL/TESOL Award is for a graduate student studying in the field of TESL/TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related graduate program. Preference will be given to a student attending a university in British Columbia. The award can be used to cover travel, conference registration and accommodation costs for attending or participating in a provincial, national or international English language conference.
Please note that only two of the following TCF awards can be won by the same applicant. This applies to the Nan Poliakoff Memorial Award, BC TEAL/ TESOL Award and the Mary Ashworth Scholarship
The criteria for this award are as follows:
- Preference will be given to BC TEAL members in good standing.
- Documentation of service to the BC TEAL provincial association or to a BC TEAL regional affiliate and or TESOL International
- Preference will be given to applicants who are presenting at a regional, provincial, national or international English language conference
Applications must be submitted prior to the conference/convention.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A completed application form by November 1st
- A letter describing:
i] A history of service to the local/provincial association or affiliate
ii] The need for financial assistance for travel to the annual conference/convention
iii] The extent to which attendance at an annual conference/convention will benefit the local/provincial English language professional community
- A letter of recommendation from an administrator or colleague
Disbursement of Funds
Within one year, the recipient is required to complete the following before disbursement of funds:
- Give a presentation at a BC TEAL Conference or submit an article for the BC TEAL Newsletter or a provincial or national journal or by making your results available online
- Submit receipts for expenses incurred to the BC TEAL office for reimbursement
Applications for the BC TEAL/TESOL Award must be submitted by November 1st.
Completed online applications will be submitted directly to the TCF at BC TEAL. If, however, you were unable to upload or copy and paste any required document(s) into this form, please email the document(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. On your email with the documents, include your name and the line, ‘BC TEAL/TESOL Award Application documentation.’
The TEAL Charitable Foundation is committed to accessibility. If you are unable to complete the online application, please contact email@example.com for help.